Friday 5 December 2014

Finally at Café Arabia

I've been wanting to go to the Café Arabia for a while. Not only have I heard it's supposed to be a really nice place for lunch, but also be housed in a rather unique setting. Unfortunately it's all the way in town, where I rarely go, and the one time I attempted to find it with my GPS I got rerouted around and failed.
On Monday after the mosque we did another try, and when we found it we weren't disappointed!


The whole café was very lovely decorated. It looks like an homely Arabian house, with beautiful sofas and cushions, interesting artwork and tasteful bookshelves, but it's certainly no kitsch pastiche of the Middle Eastern style,  it is rather elegant and full of character.
I've understood that this café is very much a community café, with a Writers Group, book club meetings, Arabic courses and other things taking place here.

The menu was extensive. Our waitress gave us some ideas on what to order, and we had a light Lebanese themed lunch that was super delicious.



We even had the opportunity to do some shopping afterward, as they sold some different art prints, books, glass ware, cushions and other things around the coffee shop.
I'll be back here the next time in this area, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment