Saturday 30 August 2014

#ALSicebucketchallenge

I thought I was going to slip by this, seeing it has gone on for quite a while already, helas, yesterday I got nominated by some friends so this morning Lucas and I set out to do the "ALS ice bucket challenge".

Obviously, doing an ice bucket challenge in 42 degrees heat is a challenge in itself, as the water is not particularly cold, and the ice melts as soon as you pour it in the water... But it's not about the ice really is it - it's about raising awareness, and donating what you can.
I donated to two Swedish foundations, Hjärnfonden and Cancerfonden.

Lucas wanted to join in too, but not until we had talked about what ALS is, and why people are doing this challenge all over internet. He decided to donate Dhs50 out of his own money, to ALS research.

No comments:

Post a Comment