Thursday 31 August 2017

Reaquainted with Bukit Shabandar

There is a new Swedish family in Brunei, a new part of the Airbus group of families. I had understood that Lykke enjoys a jungle hike every now and then, so I asked her to keep me company on a Bukit Shabandar, just in case I wouldn't remember the trail.


Oh those steps... oh my oh my...


I didn't need to worry about getting lost, it all seemed to be in the "muscle memory"! We had a nice walk around all nine hills, albeit very slow. I had warned Lykke I was walking it, but I don't think she expected it to take that long... ha ha. Sure I did have to stop and take photos here and there, but the walk really was hard work I tell you.


Lykke and I:



So nearly there, just a few hills to go!


Can you see the exhaustion on my face..? Well, try to look past that and look at that view instead!


The lush jungle, the smells, the noises, the greenery... how I had missed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment