Monday 15 January 2018

An afternoon visit to the Louvre

After the desert walk we continued our day with a cultural afternoon. Erika was eager to visit the new Louvre Abu Dhabi and I hadn't yet been in the afternoon, so we drove up there to see it at sunset.

No matter how many times I visit, there is always something new to see, and of course I enjoy seeing my favourite items too over and over again.





We got the chance to have a look at the current temporary exhibition "From one Louvre to another" which tells the story of the origins of the Louvre.



Visiting the building itself in the evening and watching the sun set from under the dome was a different experience, but I must say I actually prefer coming in the daytime. I love the effect when the sunlight perforates the roof and gets reflected by the water.



A little look in the souvenir shop, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment