Monday 3 November 2014

Turning Tiara

The milk container for our coffee machine packed up a while ago, and I had to take it back to the shop where we got it, which unfortunately meant driving all the way in to Marina Mall. I never really go into town, it's such a long hike.
So yesterday when they called and said it was ready for collection (well, we actually got a brand new as replacement!), we all went - and took the opportunity to go for dinner in town.

We decided to scout out and try the revolving restaurant on top of the Marina Mall tower, Tiara. I had read very mixed reviews about it, but I still wondered if it could be a nice place to take visitors, so I wanted to see what it was all about.


Well... 126 meters up, the views were spectacular..! The kids thought it was great fun that we were revolving and enjoyed having different scenery outside the window. We only almost made the full lap as it was revolving fairly slowly though, even though some of us had dessert to make the experience last!

The food... yeah, it was alright but nothing special and I didn't think it was worth the money. There are probably many better restaurants on the other side of the creek, with similar views. I don't think we will be going back in a hurry, but now we've tried it.

No comments:

Post a Comment