Sunday 23 May 2021

Time flies?

As we settled in for another week of e-learning from home, I was thinking this morning about time. Time is a very funny concept at the moment. I can't believe there's just a few weeks left of this school year.
Time flies, and at the same time I keep having the feeling we live the same Groundhog Day over and over again. Looking back, it's hard to pinpoint things in time, because it feels like the past 1,5 years have been some kind of parallel life, or like someone pushed the pause button, and everything just slowed down to almost a stand-still.

The other day I was scrolling through the Photos app on my computer in search of a specific photo, and all of a sudden realised how much I had to scroll just to get through one month of normal times! I had forgot how busy life used to be, compared to how it is now.
We do still try to put a silver lining on life, but it feels like when we are "being busy" it's all just an illusion. It might be because we have gotten used to such a slow tempo this past year and a half, that any happening - even the smallest - is a huge mood lifter. But busy, no we are not. Far from it. Time just... passes in some funny kind of way.
One day at a time still. One week of e-learning at a time...

No comments:

Post a Comment