Saturday 15 May 2021

9 - 15 May 2021 Eid Mubarak

Sunday and a very good and busy day which started with some really fun padel in the morning. Then straight to lunch with Frida, who put on her "Swedish-teacher-glasses" and gave me some super valuable feedback on my essay.


PCR-testing for the kids in the afternoon, and in the evening I went to iftar together with the Swedish Ladies UAE-group. I have sent my essay in for the half-way feedback from my professor, so I can't really work on it at the moment anyway. Feels good to have a bit of a break, and let it rest for a bit.

Monday and I guess I'm getting ready for normal school hours as I have been awake just after six in the mornings the past few days. Padel again with the same crew as yesterday, Lotta, Cecilia and Patricia. With Ramadan coming to an end, we have a long weekend ahead now, so Lucas was hanging out with his friends this afternoon.

Tuesday and today we were just hanging about at home, doing the usual things - exercising, studying... Another piece arrived for our new living space, a soft mint coloured pouffe. Nice!
Nathan did chicken tikka masala and rice for dinner, and I had a bath, as it had been a while.

Wednesday and started the day with some really hot padel, "only" 30 degrees, but with 60% humidity, it was a sweat fest! Then home and recharge, as I was taking Linnea and her friend Leah to the mall in town. They had some specific shops in mind they wanted to go to. I took the opportunity to go the Louvre Abu Dhabi and get some photos for my thesis, before I too did a bit of shopping at the mall. Came home and cooked tacos, yum!

Thursday and as today is first day of Eid - Eid Mubarak and Selamat Hari Raya to my muslim friends! I played padel, and did some studying... like most other days! In the evening we went to have a look at the Eid fireworks from Yas Island.

Friday and staycation time! We went to Conrad at Etihad Towers, all about that in a later post!

Saturday and staycation continued, came home late afternoon all mushy, warm and relaxed after a few days away, aaahhh! Great end to the Eid break, now we are ready for the early alarm tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment