Saturday 7 August 2021

Sandgrund Lars Lerin

A few years back I saw an exhibition while in Stockholm, with Lars Lerin at Liljevalchs. He is considered to be one of Scandinavia's leading watercolour artists and originates here from Karlstad, so of course while in his home town, I wanted to see his own exhibition space - Sandgrund.


This funky building used to be a popular dance hall mainly throughout the 1970s, and have housed the artwork of Lars Lerin since 2011.

I went by myself one morning while Linda was at work. Two of the kids were still asleep (none of mine), dropped two of them at the Bergvik shopping mall, and two of them at the Mariebergsparken so they could go play basketball.


I recognized some of the artwork from the Liljevalchs exhibition:










In what they call 'The White Room', the welcome different guest exhibitors, and I was happy to see that at the moment they were showing some art by, amongst others, Lena Cronqvist, who I studied in one of my UNI courses earlier this year.


It was a really enjoyable visit, although, I felt they had let in too many people. Even though the rooms are spacious and large, it didn't feel very Covid-friendly. Plus, I felt a bit lonely, I would've loved to experience it all together with someone, to be able to discuss and reflect together. Some of the pieces made me rather emotional, and it was a strange feeling to have all by yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment