Sunday 29 August 2021

Back in black

So, we are back.
In the sandpit.
Back to the normal 50 shades of beige outside. But also back to black, on the inside.

I am back feeling very grateful that the traveling went all smoothly this year (compared to last). Even with the last minute new ICA-application we had to do which came into play the same day we traveled.
I am grateful I managed to keep (most of) the worries away during the summer and didn't waste much time or energy thinking about things out of my control.
I am above all grateful for the summer we had this year, with many more excursions, adventures and happenings than last year; for all the family and friends, the reconnecting - it was absolutely fantastic!

Which makes it that much more hard to be back. Back inside for the next 5-6 weeks or so, back to face masks as soon as we leave the house, back to a huge amount of new restrictions, restrictions which change with a minutes notice; and which doesn't always make sense - can we please have house guests other than family soon?! Back to another year of... - waiting for better times?

I'm glad I have signed up for another three UNI courses this fall. At least I'll have something to occupy myself with, somehow I don't think there will be much tourists coming this season either. I miss work so so so much.
So, back to black. At least for a while before I get back into the swing of things, hopefully perk up and make the most of this beige sandpit life.

No comments:

Post a Comment