Friday 16 March 2018

Back to the Wetland Reserve

It was back to the Al Wathba Wetland Reserve for me yesterday morning, when I took Nathan, Mormor and Morfar out to see the flamingos and other birds, while the kids were at school.



I only went here for the first time myself back in January, and it was just as nice yesterday. The sun was out but it wasn't too hot, we had a nice breeze and everyone handled the 3 km walk just fine.





I brought my big camera with my zoom lens this time, so I got some nice close-up photos of the flamingos. Most of them were standing together in a big group... 


... only this one wasn't having a bar of being social; while the others were "talking" and picking at each other, this one was fast asleep all by himself in a corner.








While most of us were doing bird spotting, someone else was doing plane spotting. The Wetland Reserve is situated just opposite the Al Dhafra Air Base and a couple of large military aircraft were taking off as we were walking about:


No comments:

Post a Comment