Saturday 23 January 2021

Corona Diary, Day 318-324

Day 318, Sunday 17 January
Oh how I had hoped today was the day the kids were going to get some normality back in their lives by getting to go to school, but helas no... As Nathan says - it is what it is, unfortunately.
I started my day with a nice walk in the sun with my friend Frida. 

 

It was well needed as life really doesn't feel much fun at the moment. A lot of disappointing changes, not just about school but regarding travel restrictions too. My neck hurts from constantly shaking my head in disbelief, I fail to see the logic in the decision making.
Made Linnea's favourite Mexican Stack for dinner.

Day 319, Monday 18 January
Another few hours on the treadmill today. Everything else feels really meaningless at the moment.
I started the new Uni-courses, but unfortunately the main lecture is scheduled for 4pm my time... zzz... not my most focused time of the day! Felt good to get stuck into a new subject though.
Salmon, veggies and okonomiyaki (Japanese cabbage "frittata") for dinner and then I had made 'semlor' for dessert after seeing way too many of them in my social media feeds lately. So proud, they came out looking real good, and tasting even better!

 

Day 320, Tuesday 19 January
Super foggy outside these days in the mornings. Quite happy actually I don't need to drive anywhere, it's like milk out there! Instead I did some exercise, read some articles for Uni, took a nap - and then went out for a Ladies Night with my LAD-ladies! Still only able to sit four per table meant we were a bit spread out, but it was really good to catch up in person, as a change to our weekly Zoom-calls.

Day 321, Wednesday 20 January. Birthday!
Started the day with presents and balloons, then Nathan made the kids pancakes while I set off for some padel. Lucas had asked for roti for lunch, and then we had another semla as dessert. In the evening we went for sushi at a place we hadn't been before, with a view over the Maqta Channel. (All the photos are in our birthday-post from earlier in the week). All in all a really good day.

Day 322, Thursday 21 January
It's crazy how different the weeks are at the moment. Some I don't even leave the house for four-five days in a row, then this one, I've been really busy every day!
Today I went for another walk with Frida over in Al Zeina. 5 km around her neighbourhood and a coffee at the beach afterward. Better make the most of the perfect weather while it's there, although this morning I wore my hoodie for almost all the walk as it was 14 degrees when we started.
Then off to the hair dresser. I had planned to have my hair done before my birthday, but unfortunately they had to reschedule me for today, so I didn't get to look all pretty and fresh last night, but hey.
I was so pleased with the cut last time that I was still real excited for today. Decided to stick to the slightly shorter style as I had so easily been able to style it this time around, a real good cut apparently.


Nathan thinks it's a scam and that I'm little by little cutting it all off..! Ha ha, not quite, but I enjoy this shorter length. Pasta Bolognese and a G&T in my new glasses for dinner.

Day 323, Friday 22 January
Another blank day, at least for most of us in the family. Lucas had his school volleyball thing at lunch time, and tonight he was out having dinner at Yas Marina, and monster shakes at Black Tap, with three of his friends as a bit of a birthday celebration. The rest of us, well, we just made this day pass, and had honey mustard chicken and rice for dinner.

Day 324 Saturday 23 January
Today I turned my daily schedule upside down, and spent the morning working on the first assignment for my Museology Uni-course. Linnea and I did a little excursion to the Game Shop in Al Wahda Mall during the afternoon, and I got myself some belated birthday presents.



Then I did todays exercise in the early evening as I wanted to have a bath after, and inaugurate my new bath-tray! The pillow and the tray worked great - the G&T-glass dried out real fast though...


We also had birthday cake today instead of the other day, spreading out the goodies over the week a bit, ha ha! But you shouldn't miss out on blowing out candles for your birthday, so better late than never!

No comments:

Post a Comment