Saturday 9 January 2021

Corona Diary, Day 302-310

Day 302, Friday 1 January. New Years Day
We were all a bit tired this morning so it was really nice to gear up, have a good lunch (yay leftovers!), and go to the padel court and be outside for the afternoon. Lucas, Nathan and I were playing with 5 other Swedes and Linnea hung out with her friend Lovis.
Then we spent the rest of the day on the sofa, with more leftovers for dinner and the new 'Croods' movie. Isn't that what New Years Day is all about?

Day 303, Saturday 2 January
I had planned a quiet day at home today, to work on my upcoming exam some more. Although it didn't turn out very peaceful as the maintenance crew were here all day, and made a great mess... So I took the opportunity to pack the Christmas tree away as well as that's also quite a messy job. You would think we have a real tree though with the amount of needles falling off it..!


Last day of the winter holidays, so on Lucas' suggestion we had pizza for dinner. Thought that was a suitable lazy way of ending the hols.

Day 304, Sunday 3 January
Early start today! Back to school!
Padel coaching for me and Petra. Fun fun fun! Today we advanced into working out our positioning, and also practised the volley. A lot to think about, grip, technique and positioning... if I'm lucky I get two out of three, but I'm not quite there yet. But getting better every session!
We managed to finish just in time - before the rain came! Joy! It had been a while!
While the kids were at school and Nathan on his bike (in the Pain Cave), I went to get the first dose of the COVID-vaccine. Now I feel like a super hero!
Homemade beef shawarma and spiced cauliflower rice with sweet potato and nuts for dinner.

Day 305, Monday 4 January
Home day and another exam writing day. I try and get through this one a little bit every day, it's going very slowly though... I'm good at procrastinating though, so today I took on another project we had planned for a while - adding a drinks fridge to the storage room. It actually didn't take long since all helped out.
Burgers and left over cauliflower rice for dinner.

Day 306, Tuesday 5 January
Upside of today is that it seems like I have finally got my mojo back about HIIT and strength workouts. I totally fell out of the groove with those kind of workouts after the summer, so am happy I am now finding them fun again. I'm back to enjoying the combo of a quick HIIT or weight workout and the treadmill.
A bit of LAD Study Group on Zoom today and a bit of exam writing, a bit of dinner cooking (Greek keftedes and souvlaki with a green quinoa salad and beetroot gnocchi) and a bit of 'Cobra Kai' on TV - and another day is gone.

Day 307, Wednesday 6 January
I think I'm almost ready with the exam, or at least, the most part of it. Needs some polishing, but feels good to be mostly done well ahead of the deadline.
Other than that not feeling life at the moment really. This week has been rather gloomy. I actually haven't left the house since I got back from padel Sunday morning and not looking on leaving it again until I go back to the padel court on Friday... That's how it is when I'm tired of being the motor, and planner, and executor. If I don't plan and organise anything, and nudge the people around me, days just roll by, at the house. Nobody else seems unhappy about it, and obviously it's my own responsibility to look after my own mental well-being, but sometimes I just don't have it in me. Hopefully it'll come back soon.
Pasta alla panna with left-over salad for dinner.

Day 308, Thursday 7 January
Today I decided to beat the slump and went outside for a walk. It helped, even though the scenery around here is not exactly pretty, it changed my mood. I let my exam work rest today and sorted some of the kitchen cupboards instead. Mongolian Beef for dinner.
I got a late call to do an Express Tour in the museum tomorrow, and of course I said yes! So the rest of the evening I spent going over my notes to refresh and to plan the tour. So exciting!

Day 309, Friday 8 January
I was up bright and early and got ready to get to the museum in good time before my tour. How good was that to be "back in the saddle", aaahhh! Made my week! Then straight from the museum to the padel court, my two favourite things in one day! Nathan and I played Simon and Charlotta.


Ordered pizza for dinner and watched a few more episodes of 'Cobra Kai' - what a good day!

Day 310, Saturday 9 January

Woke up with a massive headache that luckily got cured by coffee. Love coffee, by far my biggest vice, would never give it up!
Another homely day. Nathan hurt himself playing padel yesterday, so he has been mostly resting his foot on the sofa. Made chicken shawarmas for dinner, with homemade slaw, chili sauce and  hummus. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment