Tuesday 1 February 2022

1st February 2022 Covid status


I actually can't think of any changes that has happened this month, which affects us personally at the moment. Kids need to do PCRs every 14 days to stay green and go to school, I need it every 7 days to work, and Nathan - well he gets scheduled more often than anyone with work to test at random, so we are well poked up our noses!

Even though weather is absolutely perfect at the moment, the month of January (apart from the birthday celebrations) felt like a long month of just... goo. Both kids are finally back in school face-to-face again since yesterday, but this period of home schooling really felt long and never-ending. Mostly for the Mum I think, a feeling most probably boosted by the fact I haven't been working much this month.
But to be honest I spend a lot of time worrying about the "Covid-generation", how this has and above all will be affecting them, and their psychological health. This isolation and disconnection from one another is really hurtful, for all of us.
I notice it myself every now and then when I get reminded of (and surprised by) how life could be, and feel. Mostly I'm just in a state of constant but functional depression. This melancholy seems to be the biggest part of my personality now, and I certainly didn't use to think of myself as the dispirited person I am now. I do hope I haven't forgot how to live life, once the doom and gloom ends...

Enough musing for now, here are today's numbers:
* 2084 new cases, from 499,836 tests. (Yes, the UAE testing program is processing around half a million tests EVERY DAY!) Worldwide, 373 million people have had Covid.
* 5 new deaths here brings the total death toll in the UAE to 2248.
* 94,15% of the population is now fully vaccinated (which means, have received their 2 doses + booster dose)

No comments:

Post a Comment