Sunday 30 January 2022

The Monster Machine

We have a new family member. Meet - The Monster:



Nathan's new toy, a Ram Warlock with a 5,7 L Hemi V8. (Fueled full tank for 200 AED/513 SEK/83 NZD/€49 the other day).
I had to give up my parking spot in front of our house, as this demands a bit more space than The Beast, believe it or not. I have only taken it for a spin around the block so far. Always takes a while to get used to driving another car than what you are used to, but I can tell you - it will be a long while before I take this anywhere where parking is remotely tight. It is BIG.

When Nathan picked it up he didn't just get the keys, but also a box of chocolates!


Lucas having a trial-sit in it, thumbs up! Another few weeks and he will be our designated driver..!


We traded in the old car, a Dodge we had bought off our neighbours when they left back to Ireland a few years back. Ever since we have had it, we never bothered to change the photo on the home screen of the car. A photo of their family, about 10 years old... ha ha!
We decided to sell the car, still with that photo - it's like those stock photos that sit in photo frames when you buy them. I wonder who is driving around admiring that lovely family photo now..!?


I also got something new, a new screen in my car:


Nathan had the whole radio console taken out and replaced with an Android kind of tablet, so I can control everything from a big touch screen now. Good idea in theory but we need to do something about the glare. I actually can't use it at all - as I can't see anything on it! Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment