Friday 29 May 2020

Corona Diary, Day 79-80. Tenth week of home school

Day 79, Wednesday 27 May
We are into the 10th week of e-learning, although it's hardly a whole week, only two days left of it now after the long weekend.

I can't sleep. I actually can't even remember any other period in my life I've had so much trouble with my sleep. I can't settle, it takes forever to fall asleep, and when I do I keep waking up what feels like every 20 minutes or so. It is really, really starting to get to me and I don't know how to deal with it.

Today I escaped the daily humdrum after my workout to take a drive all by myself. I ended up at the mall (ha ha, where else, there's nowhere else to go) and just went walking about for a couple of laps. I have had enough of living so "still". I feel like I physically need more space than there is in our house, and my body wants to move, more than just during my daily workouts or walking up and down the stairs. Even though it was inside, it was actually good to go walking a bit.
On the way back I took the long way home, and gave myself a guided tour of Yas Island - just to see if all the information is still there! Boredom people, makes you speak out loud to yourself.

Day 80, Thursday 28 May
Today I went to meet my friend Linda for lunch at a local café. It was at it's full capacity considering the distancing needed between tables etc, but it certainly seems people are thirsting for human interaction. So nice to talk to someone in person instead of on a screen for a change, and have a yummy lunch. Although I actually brought my own cutlery from home, to avoid having to eat with the boring disposable cutlery on offer.

Even though it's been a very short week, it was celebrated with take-away for dinner - Burger King today, very gourmet. Linnea has started 'That 70s show' as her new series to binge so we watched a few episodes of that together.

No comments:

Post a Comment