Thursday 1 January 2015

A day in Dubai

On Monday we did a family day in Dubai. Nikki and I had to get back to the gold man, to pick up some things we left to have fixed last week. I also finally got my 10th wedding anniversary gift!
I know... I know... it's been a while, but Nathan didn't want to just get anything - and I've been mulling forever over the right thing to get. I ended up with a beautiful pair of simple diamond solitaire earrings. Lucky me!


We then checked the children into Kidzania. Our kids had been promised to go ever since we moved here, so it was about time. They love Kidzania!



While the kids were having fun inside Kidzania, the rest of us had a good look around Dubai Mall. Kieran had been before but for Nikki it was the first time, so we did a lot of walking to try and cover most of it.


We decided to have lunch outside by the fountain, but on the other side to where we normally take guests. It gave us a bit of a different view of the musical fountain.




After lunch we took a quick stroll through the Souk Al Bahar. I'd never been in there either, pretty but a bit too touristy for me; and all the things in there obviously are well over priced.




Lush coffee break at Laduree, mmm - macaroons!



In the afternoon we were supposed to drive down to the old town, and the proper souk, but that idea got scrapped and instead we drove out to The Palm, and Atlantis.


We had a very lovely dinner at the Seaside Steak House, yum!





No comments:

Post a Comment