Saturday 3 January 2015

Bye Kieran

Uncle Kieran left Abu Dhabi last night (or as it turns out... early this morning as the airport closed for fog and his flight got heavily delayed...). On his last day we went to Yas Marina for lunch.


It was my first time at the popular 'Stars & Bars' restaurant, but I must say I got very disappointed. Not sure what all the fuss is about this place? Maybe they have different chefs in the evenings, or maybe you should just go there to party - but our lunch certainly was nothing special unfortunately. (Ha ha, maybe I should just stop trying new places and stick to my already found favourites!)

Auntie Nikki has been wanting to go to the souk for a while, so we drove into town to find it. Another place I hadn't been to before. Although I suspect, this souk (by the World Trade Center Mall), is not the 'real' souk..? It looked very much like it catered for tourists?


Auntie Nikki did still managed to find a couple of specific souvenirs she had been hunting for, so she was happy.



Anyway, for the hotter months, this might be a nice place to go. I'd like to have lunch in this atrium sometime, it looked really nice.


It's situated just by the tallest tower in Abu Dhabi, the Burj Mohammed Bin Rashid.

No comments:

Post a Comment