Wednesday 1 June 2022

A Dubai Day

Frida and I went to Dubai on Monday for something different. It had been such a long time since I had a Dubai Day with a good friend! Made me both happy and sad, happy to be there, that things are almost back to normal and all that - but also sad that it has been so long, and sad thinking about all the fun days we could've had that never happened these past 2,5 years.
Anyhow, we had no particular plans, we took a little stroll in the Dubai Mall and had a long, long chatty lunch. Well needed!


We spotted the Dubai Dino, a genuine fossil of a Diplodocus Longus - a long-necked vegetarian dinosaur with a whip-like tail that roamed the face of the earth about 155 million years ago! Where else than in Dubai would you have a real dinosaur skeleton inside a mall!?
This was discovered in Wyoming, USA in 2008, and it is rather unique because nearly all bones completing the skeleton are in fact intact. I was mostly fascinated by the tiny, tiny head!



We also paid a visit to the Goldman (with the emphasis on pay...) - I think he had missed me, ha ha! So, now I will have to go back next week, to pick up my orders..! But no Dubai day without a stop at Gold & Diamond Park!

No comments:

Post a Comment