Tuesday 31 May 2022

I feel the need... the need for speed

We finished off our big week with going to the movies to watch the most anticipated movie at the moment, well, maybe ever? How is it possible that it's been THIRTY-SIX years since the original 'Top Gun' came out??! How??

My personal absolute favourite teenage-movie was 'Dirty Dancing', but come on - I think everyone in my generation has some kind of relationship to 'Top Gun'. I, like most people, had very high expectations on this sequel, and it sure didn't disappoint! It was really really great!


So, funny story:
Back in the day one of my girlfriends, Christina, met an American pilot as we passed through Dubai on one of our many slings as cabin crew. They started dating, and he turned out to be a real Top Gun-pilot! He even turned up to our wedding in his Full Dress White uniform!


They eventually broke up, but we have somewhat kept in touch with Chad throughout the years. The other day at the movie, as I was watching the credits roll by - guess whose name pops up!?? Totally unexpected, and something we didn't know, but he was the "F14 Technical Advisor" for this movie! How awesome!
Go Chad!

No comments:

Post a Comment