Monday 30 November 2020

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

For those who know me outside this blog, you know that I always put my Christmas decorations up early, at the very latest for 1st of Advent. Years back I used to be the about the only one who did this, but this year it seems like everyone needed some extra light and warmth. I have seen all over social media that trees are decorated and decorations are up in many homes.
Personally I want to enjoy my decorations in the build-up to Christmas, as soon as the Christmas days are over, I pack everything away again so that the next year can start clean and fresh!

Here are some small videos of some of the decorations this year:





When I travel to new places I always try to find as a souvenir, something to hang on our Christmas tree. It makes my heart warm every year to unpack all those decorations and reminisce about our travels and adventures. This year we only managed to squeeze in that one trip to Athens in February (luckily, so grateful for that), so there are not so many new decorations. I bought these two in Greece:


This is a homemade one that my Aunt Christina made me last year, of Chip n' Dale. I placed them inside the tree, just like they are in the clip from the 'Kalle Anka och hans vänner firar jul'!


And finally, this one is new too!


I normally don't get year-specific ones as such. But I couldn't resist this one when I saw it, I think this year deserves it's own decoration..! The kids got one each for their collections too.

Here's this years tree (well, same tree as always... this years' look):



And Linnea's (new bigger one):



And I even convinced Lucas to decorate his this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment