Sunday 29 November 2020

Corona Diary, Day 262-268

Day 262, Sunday 22 November
Here we go, another week. The days roll by. Not much going on today. A bit of studying, a bit of training, a bit of cooking. Just your regular Sunday.
Beef broccoli stir-fry for dinner.

Day 263, Monday 23 November
I had a lunch date today in the city with one of my colleagues from the Louvre Abu Dhabi that I hadn't seen in a very long time. It was really nice to catch up, I felt so invigorated the whole afternoon after, from some fresh conversation and new stories!
We made a Thai coconut chicken salad for dinner, which was a surprising success. I had my doubts putting it together, but once it was smothered in the dressing - what a winner!

Day 264, Tuesday 24 November
One good thing with not leaving the house, is that I don't have to put on any make-up. Not that I wear a lot normally anyway, but letting my face just stay au naturel during all these stay-at-home days has actually been rather nice. Today was one of those days.
Mexican stack for dinner, om nom nom.


Day 265, Wednesday 25 November
Today I tried something new for the first time - padel. So much fun, I already have next session booked!
I met Nathan in the door when I got home, as he was on his way to work. So dinner got late as we had to wait for him to come home, but it was worth it - Greek lamb keftedes, lemon potatoes and veggies.


This whole week we have been sitting outside to have our dinner, but, it's been getting to the point where we need hoodies now..! 26 degrees and a breeze tonight for example.

Day 266, Thursday 26 November
Today I was at the LAD with two colleagues. As per usual a quick walk around in the galleries (I finally managed to get a photo of the salamander, inside the Bonifilius Basin!), and then we had lunch - outside, since their restaurant had opened again. I LOVE this time of the year!


Lucas went to see a friend after school, and I spent most of the afternoon unpacking Christmas. Have to get it all out for Sunday, First of Advent and all!
Pasta and sausages for dinner.


Day 267, Friday 27 November
We had an early family lunch at Yas Marina today, really nice. We had planned to get to the mall before the masses, to have a quick look at some of the Black Friday offers, but it was already crazy busy by the time we got there. We only got a few bits and bobs which we had eyed up before and hurried out of there. It actually, for the first time in Covid, didn't feel very safe at all.
Linnea went to see a friend, and Lucas met up with a few friends too. I set up the Christmas tree, and Nathan and I watched TV and chilled with take-away pizza for dinner.

Day 268, Saturday 28 November
Just a homely day for us, which nobody did mind. The kids will be off school for a few days next week since it's National Day and Nathan is on leave, so we will do another little staycation then. Chicken burger for dinner, and Nathan and I have started another mini-series, the "Undoing".

No comments:

Post a Comment