Sunday 4 February 2018

A great end to a (s)low week

Last week I lost my mojo completely and hit quite a low point. I had one of those weeks where Nathan was working all week, while I didn't have any work at all unfortunately; and as I only found out last minute each time I ended up with blank days with not much to do. (It was one of those sad and lonely weeks where I missed Pia a lot...)

Luckily, the week ended on a high note thanks to our lovely neighbours. Friday night we did an impromptu BBQ over at the Irish, which ended up being a brilliant night with so many laughs.

Saturday we got an invite by the Germans to go boating. It was Holgers birthday, and it was lovely to get to share his special day with them all.


We didn't go very far as the sea was rather choppy and I got a little bit seasick, so we anchored up with a nice little view of the Corniche.



It was way too cold to swim, but the kids had a great time at the beach, playing some cricket, throwing the rugby ball around, flying a kite - and burying each other in the sand.



Even though we had to cuddle up in our hoodies, it was so nice to be out in the fresh air, the soft breeze and just enjoy the blue-green water, the waves, the picnic and the nice company. It's always lovely to get a different view of our beloved Abu Dhabi.
It was such a great afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment