Tuesday 18 August 2015

Back soon

So, we left 25 degrees and gorgeous sunshine yesterday, only to wake up to rain and grey skies here in Scotland this morning. Movies it is this afternoon! 

Our travel day went so-so. None of our family live anywhere close to any airports, so apart from the flying, we always have big hikes to get to and from the airports too. 
Yesterday we had to drive for 1 1/2 h to get to Landvetter Airport; we then flew to Edinburgh, took the tram from the airport to the center of town and then got on a train for another two hours to finally get to Aberdeen. About 9,5 hours door to door. (With three big suitcases and one small, three hand luggages, and two tired kids...)

We flew with Ryanair so I had packed and repacked our three suitcases a few times to get them all under their 20 kg limit. 
I was so pleased to see at check-in, that we were at 59,8 kg!!! Ha, am I a pro packer or what!

I wasn't that pleased a bit later after having had to say goodbye to Mormor and Morfar, realising when having to take the iPads out of our bags for security - that I had forgot mine back in Skara..! *Duh*. 
(I guess my handbag had been heavy enough so I didn't notice.)

Well, no biggie. It just means that for now I won't be blogging again, until I'm back home at my computer. 
I'll be posting photos on Instagram, so if you would like to keep up with our Scottish adventures, you can check us out on watsonabudhabi!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment