Thursday 26 July 2018

Swimming in Sweden

The weather this summer has been absolutetly unbelievable, around 30 degrees every day and all the time. Everybody keep telling me "But you must be used to the heat?" - and I keep answering "Ehrm, NO!". We don't go outside when it's crazy hot, and we get to hide away in the air conditioning everywhere. In Sweden there is NO air con, nowhere, and it's absolutely impossible to cool down. I have never slept as badly as I have this summer, blergh.

So what do you do to escape the heat? You go swimming! In the lake, in the sea, in the pool - wherever you can! Kids usually swim at least a few times every summer when in Sweden, even when it's colder; but I must admit I've very rarely got in.
This summer I must have been swimming more than the previous 10 summers all together, ha ha!

This particular day, I walked the 9 km to the lake where the kids and Mormor met me with 'fika', and I got both coffee and a lovely swim after my walk. Awesome!



On this day we went swimming with Sixten, the kids' 2nd cousin:



Of course the kids also swam for their yearly 'Simborgarmärke', this year rainbow coloured. Linnea also got her 5 year badge, well done!



Another day, another swim. This time an evening swim at the lake:



Gloriously beautiful place... aaahhh.


No comments:

Post a Comment