Sunday 11 August 2024

Elicia’s christening

Linnea and I came back to Skara just in time for a family celebration, the christening of my cousin Emma’s baby girl - Elicia Christina Patricia. 

It was really nice to be able to partake, as we have missed so many different celebrations throughout the years; but also because Emma is the cousin I’m closest too, and we always try and spend time together when we’re in Skara. 

The christening took place in the Skara Cathedral, at the very front. A part from Elicia protesting a bit getting a wet head, everything went well and the ceremony was absolutely beautiful. Sixten very proudly did his job pouring water into the font.

Afterwards we were invited for lunch not very far from the church, in Kyrkans Sal. I cannot remember ever having been there before, I admired the decorations and artwork.

Emma and Kristoffer had decorated too, in a more pink theme! So many gifts!


Linnea played with the "other" kids:

Emma had baked the cakes, and it was the most delicious cake I have tasted in a very, very long time! I think I had almost three helpings!

Nice to see a big part of the extended family!

No comments:

Post a Comment