Wednesday 24 May 2023

Team Synergy

I am not quite sure what happened to my April statement: "I am planning to work a bit less the next few months"... as here I am, the past month and a bit have just disappeared in a complete and total blur!

Lucky I do love my job, because lately I have certainly spent more time at the museum, than at home! It has been some very, very long weeks; but now I am finally off for a few days, and I have time to blog.

Since it is the low season for tourists, the museum decided to host a training for tour guides to become External Tour Guides at the Louvre Abu Dhabi; and I was asked to join the program. Initially I was just going to be in charge of admin around it, but somehow I ended up in a full role of educator for the Basic Level training, together with two of my colleagues.



This meant I spent the whole last week together with this awesome group of tour guides, taking them through all the ins and outs of delivering tours at the museum. They were introduced to the content and got to practise engagement techniques both in the class room and around the museum.


Surprisingly, I really enjoyed it! It was a bit scary at first, I mean, who would've thought four years ago when I trained to get my own license that I would be standing here today - passing on the torch to 28 others! I was worried about questions I might not be able to answer, or discussions that would be difficult to navigate; but, it ended up being a fabulous week with lots of great interaction. I really embraced this new role as a "teacher", had so much fun and felt really inspired afterward!


On the last day, the participants worked together to give us some instant feedback. They were all really happy, and it warmed my very Swedish heart how the feedback mentioned how they appreciated the excellent time management..! Ha ha!


Also, the only negative thing was... the training was too short! They wanted more!

Here we are, the Basic Level Team - Ann, me and Noura. I really enjoyed working together in this team, our different approaches to educating and learning seemed to compliment each other in a nice way.
The feedback also told us how the participants had loved our synergy. Naw!

No comments:

Post a Comment