Saturday 27 May 2023

Doha, Mixed snapshots

Anna and I had a full program for the days I was visiting with both sightseeing, sporting and good food, but also some down-time at their apartment. I had told her about my recent home massage, so she wanted to try too and booked us a massage one afternoon.
This one was slightly different, as the ladies I had at my place came from the Philippines; and these ladies were Thai. This time it all happened on the floor, and involved a lot more bending and cracking. Good stuff!


For our last dinner together we headed into the souk. They have a more authentic souq in Doha than we do here in Abu Dhabi, and Anna had to buy some spices and small gifts to bring on the trip to Sweden she was about to embark on as I left.

I did some shopping too, no spices but I bought myself a nice handbag.


Then we went for some nice mixed grill at one of the souk restaurants. We sat outside as the temperature was still really pleasant. This month of May has been so nice so far. I guess that means we are heading for another really hot October and maybe November, the hot period seems to have shifted the past years.


Oh such joy to have our good friends only an hour away! Bye Doha for this time, see you soon again!

No comments:

Post a Comment