Monday 14 November 2022

Starstruck

Yes, to say that I got starstruck yesterday is an understatement. I met the artist of the Mona Lisa polyptych, Yan Pei-Ming. He is here to participate in one of the anniversary talks, and was at the museum yesterday for a meeting.

We had lovely little chat about his paintings, as it was the first time he saw them in the space here at the Louvre Abu Dhabi. He was curious to hear how the public interacts with them, and was happy to see all the people talking photos of and in front of them.
I told him I always include them in my tours, both for adults, to illustrate the link the museum has with France; but also how I talk about them with the school children, as they always spur on interesting discussions about real, fake, copies, interpretations, versions etc..!


Such brilliant artist, and lovely person! So grateful I got to have that moment with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment