Thursday 13 August 2020

Our superstar

After coming back from our day in Göteborg the evening turned into a bit of a hectic scramble, due to a sudden change in travel plans. Nathan and I decided that if possible, Lucas should go home on his own (as there was no reason he stayed behind), and Nathan managed to find him tickets the next morning already!

I got really busy printing out all the papers needed and repacking the suitcases. I needed to send Lucas home with his things obviously, but also wanted to fill his suitcase to the limit with other stuff.
In between all of this we also had to have dinner, and eventually get to bed early as the alarm was set for 04.30... But of course I couldn't sleep... the nerves, the worries.

My big boy. His very first solo flight, and it had to be under these very strange circumstances.

Of course I did shed a few tears saying goodbye (what kind of mother would I be if I didn't worry?) but Lucas himself was cool as a cucumber. Having done nearly 270 flights already, he knew what to do.

Mormor, who had come along to drop him off, and I actually stayed by the airport (we had brought a 'fika' basket, of course!) until he took off. For no reason in particular, I just wanted to see the plane off.


Everything had gone perfectly fine. Even the transit in Frankfurt had been smooth, no issues at all; and most importantly - he made his Mummy very happy and calm by texting and keeping us updated all throughout the trip. Such a superstar. ♥︎

It took him some time after arriving in Abu Dhabi, to get through after landing as there was a couple of other flights coming in at the same time. This created some queues at the PCR-testing and by immigration. Nathan was there to pick him up, and now he can look forward to the 14 days of home quarantine. Something I have a feeling he wont mind at all... he will be living his best life just inside his room, with his computer and games..!

No comments:

Post a Comment