Friday 5 July 2019

Summer holidays coming up

Wi-hoo! It's summer holidays! No more alarm clocks or lunchboxes... which is what I'm actually most happy about right now, ha ha!
To be honest, it's not really as school goes full power all the way to the end unfortunately. On the contrary, it's been slowing down ever since Ramadan; especially since many students leave early throughout the last few weeks of the term. So it's not like they are going out with a bang. Actually, I've always found the lack of a "ceremonial last day" rather disappointing. It's certainly one of the things from my own upbringing that I'm most sad my children will never experience.

So, I've always made sure we celebrate anyway, so after picking the kids up from school yesterday we went to have some serious slices of cake! Om nom nom!



Well done kids on completing Grade 9 and Grade 7! Now let's enjoy those long summer holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment