Sunday 10 March 2019

Sunset beach riding

The last SWEA activity this week was a sunset beach ride, organized by my friend Annica. It sounded really nice, so I jumped on that one too!

We met at 5 pm at the Al Sultan riding club, although they had already transported all the horses down to the beach for us. So once we had driven down there, we just had to get on a suitable horse, and off we went.



I am by no means a rider. I used to ride my neighbours horses in my teens, but never took lessons. Since then I've been on a horse maybe a handful times, so no, I wouldn't say I can ride at all really.
Actually, I'm not sure what I was doing can even be called 'riding', it was more a case of "sitting-on-a-horse-in-the-sunset"... ha ha!




Nevertheless, it was amazing! I was quietly rather pleased that my horse didn't want to move too fast. I just rode along the beach and soaked in the beautiful sunset, it was absolutely stunning.






After our ride, we were invited for BBQ at the stables. It was a bit chilly last night, but food was scrumptious and the company lovely - a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment