Monday 9 November 2020

Mornings enjoying the outside

I started my week yesterday with a few hours on Hudayriyat Island together with Linda. I realised it had been two years since I came last time. Since then, they have extended this area with a waterfront Heritage Trail, a Heritage Village; and an adventure hub with a high rope park, a BMX track, a skate park and a splash park. There is also a new permanent obstacle course, jogging tracks and a whole range of indoor and outdoor sports facilities. It will be great to visit again soon, as we just heard today that official opening day is - ... tomorrow!

Linda and I first went for a bit of a walk along the bicycle track.


Then we grabbed some coffee from the food truck area and went down to the beach for a swim.



I like this beach. It's very clean and well kept, and during the week like this rather quiet and peaceful.

As you can see, we take this thing with distance markers very seriously here in the UAE - they are even on the beach! One ring for each family I guess? Probably the big rings are for big families and the small rings for small families or couples? I'm not sure. Since it was a weekday there wasn't many people at all, so we had no trouble grabbing ourselves a couple of sunbeds.
It is really the perfect temperature right now to spend time at the beach, not too hot in the sun, and not too cold in the water! Glorious way of starting the week!



Today I continued my outdoor morning adventures and went back to the Jubail Mangrove Park, with Kathleen a friend of mine. A bit higher tide than last week, just as nice and quiet, and green! The closest thing we have to Swedish forests and Bruneian jungles here... ha ha, we take what we can get.


No comments:

Post a Comment