Saturday 28 April 2018

Nordic Design in the UAE

Wednesday night Linda and I drove to JBR in Dubai for an event organized by the Swedish Business Council - A Evening of Nordic Design.
There was going to be food and stalls, and also a fashion show; so I thought I'd better scrub up a bit - with my new dress from COS and my new gold earrings:


Red carpet entrance! 


We had a good look around all the stalls:


I bought a pair of these Swedish handmade clogs from new brand Hollie Woods. So gorgeous and super glam, fits perfectly in the UAE. I got some pink/gold ones!



After shopping (I also got a pair of pink earrings from Caroline Svedbom and a one-of-a-kind fabulous scarf (my weak point) from Danish designer Mille Rostock) we had a dinner break.
It was really nice to network and mingle, and finally get to meet a lot of the Swedish ladies in the Dubai SWEA. Hopefully we will be working a lot with each other next year for the SWEA World Meet which is going to take place here in the UAE.



Finally we enjoyed the fashion show, also with Scandinavian brands, before it was time to hit the road and go back home. Such a good evening!


No comments:

Post a Comment