Sunday 18 February 2024

India ♥︎ Mexico

This weekend I went to my very first wedding here in the UAE, and it sure was an international happening as the bride came from India and the groom from Mexico.


The wedding was at the Saadiyat Beach Club, and the ceremony itself was done on the beach. An absolutely stunning location, especially in the golden hour of the sunset.



I didn't take a lot of photos as we were told everyone would get access to the professional photos, so I decided to just sit back and enjoy the moment.
It was so personal and emotional, a lovely mix of the traditions of the two cultures. I was reaching for tissues on several occasions, both when the mother of the groom said a prayer, and when the father of the bride gave a blessing.


The bride, Richa, is a colleague of mine from the museum. She looked stunning in her wedding outfit, and all the male guests had got turbans tied as they arrived too. The whole wedding was the most colourful and joyful happening!

The Education Department was well represented, my colleague Ann was a bridesmaid, and she looked fantastic in her sari! Her and her family were pretty in pink.


Here I am with Ann, her daughter and our colleagues Memoona and Sarah, also from the museum:



The dinner was certainly the best of two worlds, real fusion food; both an Indian buffet and a taco corner was on offer, as well as the bride and groom's favourite food - chicken shawarma!



The mixture of traditions continued throughout the evening, we got to enjoy both Indian drummers, and a Mariachi band! Loved it!


Their first dance was to 'Bésame mucho':


Cake time!


Then the party started, and the latino boys got to the dance floor first!


Then followed a beautiful mix of different music styles, to keep everyone on their feet!


I had such a good time, and I felt so happy to be invited to be a part of this beautiful night! Congratulations on your wedding Richa & Jose! (More photos will follow, if I grab some from my colleagues!)

No comments:

Post a Comment