Friday 29 September 2023

Old lady issues

Even though Nathan was the one stepping into a new decade on the weekend, it's me who has been having some age-related (?) issues lately... Two weeks ago, after having been sitting for a moment on my bed scrolling through my phone, I stood up again. I had pins and needles in my foot, and must've put my weight on it in a funny way, because it went 'crack!' rather loudly. Ouch!

Luckily we have a clinic right here in the compound, so after a few hours of icing the ankle, we decided to go check so that it wasn't broken. It wasn't.
But the orthopedist still wrapped me up like this:


At first I thought it was a bit overkill for a sprained ankle. But, almost two weeks later it still looks like this:


The half-cast was only on for a few days. I got medicine for the swelling and the pain, and once the cast came off I got myself a strong support brace. Although it is so uncomfortable and makes it hard to wear shoes. So at the moment I just walk very slowly and carefully, and in a straight line, not to bend or cause strain on the ankle at all.

Getting hurt really makes you appreciate your health and fitness.

No comments:

Post a Comment