Saturday 29 April 2023

Metamorphosis

It's the time of the year where I usually, as my friend Anna labeled it, "go through a metamorphosis". Previous to working at the museum, the low season that starts now used to give me tons of time to fill, and nearly every year I would start a new fitness project.

New year, old me!
I don't have the same amount of endless time now, as I keep working at the museum all through until the summer holiday, but - I am still using these spring months to change my focus a little bit, and really concentrate on my well-being, in many different ways.

For example, I finally (after five months here) made it down to the gym!
We have many gyms here in the neighbourhood, one in every block, so all I need to do is take the elevator down into the parking garage to find one. I've just preferred to be outside in the good weather until now, and go for walks etc. Now as it's getting warmer, I'll be spending more time in this gym.


It is a very nice gym. All the machines you need, and also an area with loose weights and other equipment. The treadmill was very advanced, I found myself walking "in Rome"! Fun!

I'm not a very strong cook, nor do I enjoy to cook. Cooking is indeed a bit of a struggle for me, but I'm trying! This week I had a few days in a row at the museum, so I tried something new and prepared some 'salad jars' in advance to bring along. Easy peasy really, and just look at what a lovely colourful lunch I then got to enjoy while at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment