Saturday 19 March 2022

It's now or never before it's gone forever

My friend Kathleen and I decided to do another day at the Expo together yesterday. With less than two weeks to go of the Expo2020, I am starting to feel the pressure as I still have a few of the big pavilions to go. We drove up early so that we could enter before the pavilions even opened, to get a good spot in the queues. I wanted to do Germany, and Kathleen UAE. Nice and quiet that early:


I really should have done Germany in the beginning of the Expo... as the queues has just grown bigger and bigger for each month. I spent all morning in this queue, well over two hours. But, I overheard the end of the queue being told at one point that from there it was going to take over FOUR hours... and people still lined up! Crazy!


So was it worth it? Well, I must say - no. Sorry Germany.
I don't understand the hype with the German Pavilion. Maybe it would've been better if we would've got to use the name tags I had heard about, which would have made the experience personal to each person.


I did like these swings in the end part, in the graduation, but that was about it.

After the morning queuing, we continued with some other pavilions that didn't have enormous queues, like Azerbaijan, which I really liked. Check out the architecture on their cool pavilion:



Suriname:


Israel:



Kazakhstan, another long, long wait to get in. At least we got entertained while queuing, and I must say - this pavilion was definitely worth it.



There was so much to see with amazing presentations, full of information.


And to top off the whole visit, we were treated to a fabulous acrobatic performance, on the theme of humans and robots, working together. I really enjoyed that!



Sri Lanka:


The only region that is presenting at the Expo2020, is a German region called Baden-Württemberg. I haven't managed to find out why yet, but still visited the pavilion, of course:


Can you recognize me - my avatar:


Kathleen and I also both enjoyed Iraq, it was full of art, history and interesting information that we can use at the Louvre Abu Dhabi.


Another pavilion I regret not visiting when it didn't have queues was Colombia. We spent about 1,5 h here in the afternoon, but luckily - this was a great pavilion which also was worth the wait. I loved it!



Me and Botero:

Belarus:


The flying piano:


Rwanda, and Kathleen in her new purchase from the Vietnam pavilion:


Namibia:




Another good visit to the Expo2020! I have two more planned, so hopefully I should be able to cross off the last two pavilions I have left!

No comments:

Post a Comment