Saturday 28 September 2019

My two hats

I checked my calendar the other day and could happily notice that the season for me this year has started over three weeks earlier than last year. I have already done a few tours even though we are not even in October yet! Wearing both my "hats", as a Tour Guide, and as a Louvre Abu Dhabi Guide.

I did an Architectural Tour of the Louvre Abu Dhabi the other day. It was a group that wanted a visit on the building, the area and the concept rather than the art. First tour with that specific focus for me, and I had lots of fun researching and reading up on all the technical info (that we normally don't include in a General Visit tour), and the tour went really well.


I really enjoy the new temporary exhibition currently at the Louvre Abu Dhabi, 'Rendez-vous à Paris'. It's covering the years from the turn of the 20th century to the WWII, when Paris was a hive of creativity and attracted artists from all over the world to come and get inspired and work there; focusing on the immigrant artists, like Van Dongen, Chagall, Delaunay, Modigliani, Brancusi and many more. Here below Picasso and Max Beckmann:


One of the two cool live performing art creations roaming the museum at the moment, to highlight the temporary exhibition. This is Cocteau, created as a tribute to the 1917 ballet 'Parade' for which he wrote the one-act scenario, Picasso created the set and costumes and Eric Satie the music:


I also had my first "normal" city tour this week, a full day private Abu Dhabi Tour with one guest. Yes, having just one guest could sometimes be heavier than having a whole bus load, but this lady was wonderful and it was like showing a friend around. Another good day at work!


So now I have got my feet wet after the long summer holiday, both here and there. The brain is switched back on and I'm in work mode. I can almost physically feel how my whole existence is slowly cranking up a gear or two, and - I LOVE it! Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment