Sunday 13 November 2016

Last Exit

The last few times I've been driving to Dubai I've spotted this new place on the side of the road, literally in the middle of nowhere, signposted 'Last Exit'. I kept wondering what it was so I found out - it was a food truck park!
On Friday when we drove up to Dubai, I planned it so that we could stop in there to have our lunch, and boy was I not disappointed! What a cool place!





The park is inspired by old fashion fuel stations and food joints of the 1950s and is completely sticking to the retro theme throughout with all this rehashed automobiles design and lots of upcycled elements. It is the first of its kind in the region and it serves food 24/7, seven days a week.

You can choose to drive through, or dine in. We parked and had a walk around, picked out what we wanted to eat and then sat and enjoyed our food inside. The kids had pizza and I enjoyed some enchiladas from the Baja Fresh Mexican food truck.




Even in the the washrooms, you had to "accelerate" on a pedal to release the water in the old pipes that then flowed into the basin, which of course, was made out of and old truck tyre! So cool!



We will definitely try and time all our Dubai trips so that we can have lunch here each time from now on, there are many more food trucks to try out!

No comments:

Post a Comment