Tuesday 10 October 2023

A weekend in Skåne

A week after the first Etihad flight to Copenhagen took off, I tried it out! What a great feeling to finally have a direct flight to Scandinavia!


It left at 02.30 am, so I went straight to sleep and got a fair few hours, before it was time for breakfast.
Arriving into Copenhagen was super smooth in the early morning. My luggage was actually already on the belt when I came into the arrival hall, the train to get across the bridge came on time, and I just made the bus to Bunkeflostrand. Less than an hour after block, I sat in my friend Pia's kitchen and had coffee!

The first day was spent at Emporia, and a bit in Pia's sofa relaxing and recharging for the evening.


Lucas and Tove came down from Lund and we all went to Pinchos for dinner in the evening.


I stayed with Pia, as there wasn't really any room for me at Lucas' place, but on the Saturday I took the train up to Lund to meet up with him.
It's been 25 years since I lived here, and I didn't recognise many places anymore. The university and the cathedral was still there of course, lucky!


I also passed by Tehuset Java to pick up some nice tea, it has been here since 1932!


We had lunch at a creperie:


And then it was time to go see the apartment, which is situated right next to the Botanical Gardens.


On the Sunday Lucas and I met up in Malmö. It was beautiful sunny autumn weather and we strolled around, and had fish & chips by the canal.


After having dinner at Pia's together, and Lucas going back to Lund; I finished the weekend by taste-testing a bit of Christmas 2023. The annual Blossa Glögg, this time with flavours of rasperries and hops.



And on the way home, of course some bubbly to celebrate these new direct flights! How easy it will be now to pop up for a few days every now and then!

No comments:

Post a Comment