Friday 17 February 2023

New additions in the house

Little by little, new things gets introduced into our home. I still have some items on my list, but there is no stress, I'd rather wait until I find the right things. Like this stool in the hallway:


I knew I wanted something here to sit on to put your shoes on. In our old house, the stairs were right there, but here we were lacking a seat. I looked and looked and couldn't find anything I liked, until I saw this one, in a flower shop! It's really well made, the wood is beautiful and solid and it looks so good there in it's spot. I smile every time I pass it!

In the office I have got the maintenance man to mount a ceiling lamp. It's actually an old lamp that we have had since we got married, we bought it with some wedding money we got from my grandad. I am really happy to have it up again, as it's been packed away since we left England, and I love it!


The guest room is also done, I got a lamp second hand and found a rug that brought in more colour. I also put some Lucas-themed paintings up, so he can claim the room a little bit like his. The two on the right were painted by Yvonne, the one to the left was a 30th birthday present to me, on the day Lucas was born.


And Linnea's room has finally got some rugs too! She decided to go for one grey to match the curtains; and one cream with grey decor, that also matches the curtains, and the shape of her ceiling lamp. It's amazing how it can change a room, to add some soft furnishings. Now it feels real cosy in here!

No comments:

Post a Comment