Monday 1 August 2022

A Varnhem walk-about

Amazingly, considering I hadn't been able to make any plans at all before arriving in Scandinavia this summer, I still managed to catch up with my friend Carin - even if it was only for a quick morning fika, and a short wander around the Varnhem Abbey.


We've been here many times, but for every art history course I take, I learn more and more and see more and more new things, which makes it even more interesting each visit.


Linnea lit a candle for Grandma and Grandad ❤️:


The ambulatory with the monk's chapels that in the 17th century were made into memorial chapels for the kings Knut Eriksson, Erik Knutsson, Erik Eriksson, Inge the Elder and Birger Jarl.



Late 13th century baptismal font:


We also walked up to Kata Farm, where you can find the ruins of one of Sweden's oldest churches, dated to the late 10th century. According to me, this really is one of the most interesting and spectacular sights to visit around Skara.



Great to see you Teti family! I hope you enjoyed the rest of your holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment