Wednesday 7 June 2023

Assessment week

I spent all last week at the museum, and a few days this week, with concluding the training for the External Guides. It was time for their practical assessments, so each afternoon a group of them came to do their tours.



Our roles as instructors were to play their guests, all while at the same time assessing their knowledge, their group- and time management and how well they projected to the group.


I took down lots of notes to be able to do compare and do fair assessments across the board. It was a very long week as I went on 16 guided tours around the museum. But as heavy as that was, it was equally rewarding - and inspiring! Each guide brought me something, a new thought, a new connection, a new idea, a new perspective.
It was also an exercise in listening for me, usually being the one who is doing all the talking, ha ha!


I continue to be surprised at how much I actually thrive with all these different challenges and tasks this job keeps offering me: Enjoying delivering tours to school children? Bring it! Admin duties? Can! Training and supporting new guides? Yes please! What's next I wonder...

No comments:

Post a Comment