Monday 12 December 2022

SBC Xmas Party

The Swedish Business Council organises two big parties every year, one for Midsummer just before the summer holidays, and a Julbord (a Christmas party) in December. I have never participated in either of them, as it is always in Dubai; but this year I thought - why not?

Linda, Johan and I drove up to Dubai on Saturday and the amazing venue that is the Ritz-Carlton Hotel in JBR, to take part in the big Christmas celebrations.

 

Since I don't have any red clothes, I wore my green suit as I felt it was at least a little bit Christmassy.


It was beautifully organised, there was even snow as we entered the dining area!


And as if that wasn't spectacular enough, there was also RAIN just before dinner was served! A crazy, but luckily quick, rainfall soaked us all. Not at all ordered by the organisers though... ha ha.

The gorgeous hostesses:



We had a five-course meal, with all the Swedish Christmas delicacies - Dubai-style.



Our table:





I had sponsored a gift for the big raffle, and here I am with the lucky winner!


I left the celebrations a little bit early, before the dancing and partying started, as Linnea and I were flying out in the middle of the night between Saturday and Sunday; and I had to get home to get her and get to the airport. Turned out I made the right decision ducking out early!
Because of the rain, and the general traffic situation on a Saturday night in JBR, I was already rather on edge; and then Morocco proceeded to knock out Portugal in their World Cup quarter-final game - so every Moroccan in Dubai took to the streets to celebrate! Aaargghh!
I did make it home in time, as once I hit the motorway there was no issues - but I did sit stuck in traffic without moving an inch for about 45 minutes inside JBR in the beginning, working up quite a pulse...

In hindsight it was a rather bad idea going partying in Dubai before traveling, as I didn't enjoy my evening as much as I should have. But oh well, you live and you learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment