Saturday 10 December 2022

Festive markets

While Nathan was in Istanbul on overnight most of this week, Linnea and I managed to squeeze in two Christmas market visits.


First the Winter Bazaar at school, which had an abundance of stalls that sold the usual home made jewellery, festive decorations, food and other things - but also... the festive (?) ice cream truck! Ha ha, does Christmas markets in Europe also sell ice cream I wonder..!


There was also some caroling, which I enjoyed. That's always brings me in the festive mood, even when the temperature is over 25 degrees.


Then the other night we went to the Ritz hotel, to visit the Swiss Market. I've been to that one several times before, pre-Covid, but this was it's first return after a few years of hiatus, and my expectations were huge. Unfortunately, they weren't met even in the slightest... Not many stalls at all, and not a great diversity in what was offered up for sale. Really disappointed.

So, Linnea and I decided to make a night-time visit to Wahat Al Karama instead!


She hadn't been, and when better to go that in the evening; and even better, the evening of a full moon!
So so pretty!


Look at the lighting on the SZGM! It is absolutely stunning from over here, where you get the reflection in the shallow water pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment