Wednesday 14 December 2022

Lucia in Skara Cathedral

One of my favourite Christmas traditions is the Lucia celebration on the 13th of December.
Here in Abu Dhabi we have celebrated it many times at the Ambassadors residence, but unfortunately this year, it was only put on for a select group of professionals, and not the entire Swedish community as usual. Such a shame, especially for all the kids who love taking part usually. Disappointing also considering it's been canceled the past two years due to Covid.

So I was so happy to get to listen to the concert in my home town instead! Linnea wasn't feeling well, but Mormor and I went to the Skara Cathedral in the evening to enjoy the Lucia concert. Bliss!


Hard to get nice photos of the Lucia, as they (obviously) enter in the dark - but it was very moving. I have enjoyed so, so many Lucia celebrations and other special holidays in this church; it's really like a blast from the past to be back.



I am a sucker for traditions, so I was happy that it was a "traditional" Lucia concert. It was beautiful, and yes... I did get emotional several times.



 Feeding the soul. ♥︎

No comments:

Post a Comment