Tuesday 11 June 2024

Moderna Museet Malmö

We didn't exactly have good weather during our first week in Sweden. Usually when we turn up in the middle of July, people tell us "Well, June was goooorgeous! The end of school was amaaaaazing and Midsummer was fantaaaastic!"... So - we thought we were safe arriving now. How wrong we were.
This year it sounded like this - "You know, we had suuuuuch good weather in May!"... Honestly!?

One day we even had - HAIL!

So, most of our activities were indoor activities. One day Pia and I went to Moderna Muséet. We've tried visiting there once before, but since that was during Covid we had missed you needed to book your slot and failed to enter.
This time we succeeded, but I must say, even this time was a bit of a disappointment...

I expected something like the Moderna Muséet in Stockholm, but this was really, really small; and I had the impression it was only about temporary exhibitions? We covered it all fairly quickly, and I lacked feeling inspired.

I did take some photos for my Mum of The Workshop, where MalmöVÄV had a takeover, and you could watch professional weavers work. My Mum used to work as a weaving teacher back in the day and we used to have several of these looms in my childhood home.

The most intriguing part of the whole museum for us was the cloak room, ha ha! Each little cupboard bore the name of a famous artist, and on the inside there was a quote from each artist. Such a good idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment