Saturday 22 June 2024

Midsommar fun

After a week in Denmark, Linnea and I continued to Skara while the boys stayed to do Copenhell one more year. We arrived just in time for Midsummer. Celebrating Midsummer in Sweden is another thing we usually don't do, so I really looked forward to it this year, and was hoping that the weather would hold. We started the day with Midsummer cake at home:



I made some flower wreaths for Linnea and myself, out of the flowers in Mormors garden.


Then we took off to celebrate together with my cousin Emma and her family, in Härlunda, just like seven years ago.


This time around I had to dance around the maypole by myself:


Linnea was busy cuddling with Elicia:



Morfar and Mormor also just watched, from the shade:


It was a wonderful afternoon, a very traditional celebration. Dancing around the maypole, games, quizzes, tombolas and so on.


The Midsummer girls:


And Midsummer fika of course!


Back home we continued the celebration with a bit of Midsummer food for dinner, new potatoes and herring, of course!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment