Wednesday 15 November 2017

Three-way conferences

This week it was time for the first parent-teacher conferences of this school year. Well actually, they are correctly called three-way conferences, as the students are supposed to come along to the meets as well. So I had a long afternoon first taking one then the other back to school for their conferences.

They had different systems for the Grade 6 to the older grades this year. Linnea and I had to go to the gym, where all the teachers sat, and you had to queue up to each teacher you wished to speak to. Not a very well-functioning system I must say, we only managed to see 4 out of her 8 teachers in 1 1/2 h...
The ones we managed to see were all positive about how she had transitioned to MYP, and emphasized how positive and happy she is every day, and also very helpful and diligent.

For Lucas I got to book appointments, just like per usual. I booked with every single teacher, as I wanted to meet them all and get faces to their names.
His feedback was similar in the way that all the teachers told me how much they enjoy having him in their classes, that he has a lovely energy and is a well liked and popular kid who many others look up to. (His Grade Dean was disappointed he hadn't applied to become House Captain, as she thought it would've suited him really well.)
I was told that many of his teachers had noticed the improvement of the quality of his work, as he has started putting in more time in his homework, which was really nice.

I so enjoyed seeing the passion within each and every teacher though, they all really just want the kids to do their best. The Raha spirit is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment