Tuesday 12 March 2024

Empty promises

Last weekend the UAE was warning about sever weather conditions. The newspaper had a field day after the media briefing (which gave me serious Covid-flashbacks!), people were warned not to go outside, be careful of floodings, not to visit the beaches and so on. We thought there would be a massive rainfall and heavy storms for sure...


But meh... I was rather disappointed, ha ha! I was at work on the Friday and up at Saadiyat we didn't have any rain at all. Linnea sent me this video, for about 20 minutes in the afternoon, there was rainfall over Al Zeina:


Saturday I was also at work, and sure thing, we got some rain - finally! Although it wasn't as dramatic as we would've expected, obviously it flooded the area under the dome; which made for pretty photos! But it didn't disturb our tours as we can actually access all areas of the museum from the basement, pretty handy.


I did get to use my BMW umbrella (that I got when I got the car) for the very first time! Quite a novelty! Leaving work in the rain, but we were still smiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment